Featured Post

It's an ex-uBeam...

Just shy of its 10th birthday and with between $40 and $48 million of investment (estimated), it appears uBeam (recently Sonic Energy ) has ...

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

All of this has happened before, and will happen again

I've been snowed under the last week or so and have had no time to write anything, so my various articles-in-process are just on hold for the time being. In the meantime, let me point you to another blog well worth reading - The Silicon Valley Way. It's an oldie but a goodie. Start at that link which is the first post, then read back through it chronologically, for another account of an engineer dealing with an insane startup and chronically bad management. It's told in a blow-by-blow manner as he experiences it, rather than remembered after the fact, which is a novel approach. Maybe for my next startup I'll keep a diary and then publish it starting a couple of years later...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished my PhD two years ago and currently work for a large tech company, but I feel hampered both by bureaucracy and my (lack of) passion for the field. I was thinking that I might be able to grow more at a startup, but I want the reality of it, and I feel like I get some of that through blogs like yours.

    I read through The Silicon Valley Way, and it's disheartening. Do you have any advice for newbies, either specifically, or in general? I would love to chat, if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this - if you still want to chat, email me at liesandstartuppr at gmail

      Delete
  3. Nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing

    หนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete